Saturday 30 November 2013

Best of the Bunch November 2013

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.



I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link in anytime in the following month.
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then when you've written up your post, add your linky to the list below. 


October 2013
This month I have read-

  • The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black- 4 of 5 stars
  • Tributary by Lisa T. Bergren (River of time novella 3.2)- 3 of 5 stars
  • Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson- 4 of 5 stars
  • More Than This by Patrick Ness- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • The Originals by Cat Patrick- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • The 100 by Kass Morgan- 5 of 5 stars
  • Crash Into You by Katie McGarry- 4 of 5 stars
  • Sanctum by Sarah Fine- 4 of 5 stars
  • Pawn by Aimee Carter- 4 of 5 stars
I have reviewed-


...dramatic pause...



...The 100 by Kass Morgan!



The 100  by Kass Morgan
Goodreads


An epic journey from the depths of outer space to a wild, futuristic Earth

In 3010, humanity lives in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland . . . before it's too late.

Now a hundred juvenile delinquents are sent on a high-stakes mission to re-colonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community and to get over their dark pasts. In order to survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.


I LOVED this book! It spoke to me, it moved me, it enthralled me, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Since I finished it I've thrust it into two people's hands crying "read this book"! Unquestionably one of the BEST books I have read this year (and I read a lot of books). If I could give it more than 5 stars I would. 

It was an easy pick for a winner for me this month. 

So I'd love to know- what was the best book you read/ reviewed this month? Link it up here! 
Already written up a monthly wrap-up post? Why not link it up here!? And don't forget to visit the other blogs to get some great new book recs. 


Just let me know- Who gets your bananas?

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored Tiger Lily when I read it last year. Such a beautiful book. And the 100 sounds pretty great too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting, definitely think i'm going to have to check out the 100! You've read a few books that i'm planning on reading soon and seemed to have liked them (Pawn and Crash Into You) which has made me feel better about them! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your books look interesting! I also see that you are currently reading Allegiant. You'll have to let me know what you think. This is my first time participating in Best of the Bunch. Thank you for hosting it. Following you now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of The 100 - I'll have to check that out!

    You can find my BotB HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! To be honest, I really haven't heard that much buzz surrounding The 100. So it's great to hear from you how excellent it was! I think I may need to bump it up my tbr now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I can't wait to get to The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I pre-ordered it, but still haven't read it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva