Monday 30 September 2013

Best of the Bunch September 2013

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.




I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link in anytime in the following month :D
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then when you've written up your post, add your linky to the list below. 


September 2013

This month I have read-

  • Shades of Earth by Beth Revis (Across the Universe, book 3) - 5 of 5 stars
  • Requiem by Lauren Oliver (Delirium, book 3) - 4 of 4 stars
  • Arcadia Burns by Kai Meyer (Arcadia, book 2) - 4 of 5 stars
  • If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch - 5 of 5 stars
  • Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick (Ashes, book 3) - 3 of 5 stars
  • The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd - 4 of 5 stars
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (Grisha series, book 2) - 4 of 5 stars
  • Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me, book 2) - 5 of 5 stars
I don't need to say that I read some A-mazing books this September, so choosing the best one is going to be a very hard decision, but here goes.

The winner of Best of the Bunch September 2013 goes to...

drumroll..


If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch!


If You Find Me  by Emily Murdoch
Goodreads

THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND ... 

A broken-down camper hidden deep in a national forest is the only home fifteen-year-old Carey can remember. The trees keep guard over her threadbare existence, with the one bright spot being Carey's younger sister, Jenessa, who depends on Carey for her very survival. All they have is each other, as their mentally ill mother comes and goes with greater frequency. Until that one fateful day their mother disappears for good, and the girls are found by their father, a stranger, and taken to re-enter the "normal" life of school, clothes and boys. 

Now, Carey must come to terms with the truth of why their mother spirited them away ten years ago, while haunted by a past that won't let her go ... a dark past that hides many a secret, including the reason Jenessa hasn't spoken a word in over a year. Carey knows she must keep her sister close, and her secrets even closer, or risk watching her new life come crashing down.


I read very few contemporary stories, as I'm a bit of a fantasy/ dystopia book nut- but I absolutely LOVED this one (Full review to come soon). It is sad, and moving, and uplifting, and tragic, and hopeful all in one. I read some amazing books this month, with mostly all 4 and 5 star ratings given, but this one stands out to me, and the story will definitely stick with me for a long while. While I was reading it I was totally engrossed, and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about the characters and itching to be able to pick it up again. It is such a good book. 

Honourable mention goes to Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me, book 2). It's no secret that I love this series, and this sequel was just as thrilling as the first. I just love the quirky writing style as well. 

-----------------------------

So I'd love to know- what was the best book you read/ reviewed this month? Link it up here! 
Already written up a monthly wrap-up post? Why not link it up here!? And don't forget to visit the other blogs to get some great new book recs. 

Just let me know- Who gets your bananas?




5 comments:

  1. I've linked up September wrap-up post with my book of the month! Haven't written a wrap-up post in awhile :(

    I really must get around to reading If You Find Me soon. I've only ever heard amazing things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had If You Find Me on my TBR list for awhile - sounds like I must read it soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! The only one I've read is The Madman's Daughter, which is brilliant, but most of the others are on my TBR list. Now I just need more time so I can read them!

    Ann@Blogging-Profits-Unleashed

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did read some good books this month! I've only read Unravel Me from those, but I looooved it! If You Find Me sounds really good...going to add it on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva