Wednesday 31 October 2012

Best of the Bunch October 2012

Best of the Bunch is a meme hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.
I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link anytime in the following month :D
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here, write up your post showing us your Best of the Bunch and then add your linky to the list below. 



October 2012
I know posting has been sparse AGAIN this month on the blog, and I feel like I have been making excuses for the past 3 months, but this time I really really REALLY am going to be coming back with plenty of reviews, and I have loads of ideas for fun posts! I promise this time that I will start posting regular reviews and features again from now. I love blogging and I definitely don't want to quit (I just need to find more hours in the day to do it!). As it is though October was another quiet month for reviews. 
This month I have reviewed on the blog-


  • Pure by Julianna Baggott My Review 3.5 of 5 stars
  • Arise by Tara Hudson My Review 3.5 of 5 stars
  • Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick My Review 4 of 5 stars
  • The First Days by Rhiannon Frater My Review 5 of 5 stars 
The award for Best of the Bunch for October 2012 goes to...

...*drumroll*...



The First Days by Rhiannon Frater!

This was such an amazing book- so emotional and exciting, and just completely gripping. I can't stop thinking about it and I definitely need to read book 2 soon. The bond of friendship formed between the two female leads as they struggle to escape a zombie infested city, and then survive out on the road, was just amazing to read about. One of the best zombie apocalypse books I have ever read (and there have been a few!) 


Goodreads
The morning that the world ends, Katie is getting ready for court and housewife Jenni is taking care of her family. Less than two hours later, they are fleeing for their lives from a zombie horde. 

Thrown together by circumstance, Jenni and Katie become a powerful zombie-killing partnership, mowing down zombies as they rescue Jenni's stepson, Jason, from an infected campground.

They find sanctuary in a tiny, roughly fortified Texas town.  There Jenni and Katie find they are both attracted to Travis, leader of the survivors; and the refugees must slaughter people they know, who have returned in zombie form.  

Fast-paced and exciting, filled with characters who grab your heart, The First Days: As the World Dies is the beginning of a frightening trilogy. 


So I want to know- what was the best book that you read/ reviewed in October? If you write up a Best of the Bunch post leave your link below, if not leave me a comment in the comments section. 

Who gets your bananas?




Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The First Days looks and sounds great. I'm definitely interested in reading it! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to add The First Days to Goodreads! I hadn't heard of it before now, but if it's as good as you say it is, then I definitely want to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job this month, and I look forward to the month ahead. I own First Days and am off to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, The First Days beat Pure - now I have to read it :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva