Sunday 30 September 2012

Best of the Bunch September 2012

Best of the Bunch is a meme hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.
I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link anytime in the following month :D
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then add your linky to the list below. 



September 2012
I have been struggling with illness for most of September, so I haven't posted anywhere near as much as I'd like.


  • Blackwood by Gwenda Bond- 4 of 5 stars My Review
  • Shift by Kim Curran- 3.5 of 5 stars My Review
  • Article 5 by Kristen Simmons- 5 of 5 stars Review to come
  • Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan- 4.5 of 5 stars Review to come
  • Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel- 4 of 5 stars My Review


And the winner for Best of the Bunch September 2012 goes to...

...drumroll...

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons!

-------------------------------------------

New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don't come back.

Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren't always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it's hard for her to forget that people weren't always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It's hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.

Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.

That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings—the only boy Ember has ever loved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved this book- look out for my review in the next few days!

I would love to know which book wins your Best of the Bunch for August. Please let me know which book you read or reviewed in August was your favourite by linking up below.

Who gets your bananas?



Thanks for taking part in Best of the Bunch!

5 comments:

  1. Cook choice - I've been thinking about getting my hands on Article 5 for ages! I will look out for your review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blackwood sounds great. I've been meaning to read it for so long now. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about Article 5. I need to read it soon!

    -- Sam @ SIK Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice...i also liked Immortal Rules, Grave Mercy, Every Day and Skylark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Immortal Rules- it won the Best of the Bunch award back in June. Grave Mercy is another fantastic book- I haven't written up my review yet.
      :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva