Thursday 2 August 2012

From The Review Pile #11

This is a weekly meme hosted every Thursday by Stephanie at Stepping Out of the Page where we can showcase books that we have either bought, borrowed, or been given for review that we haven't gotten around to reading yet.




Okay- I love time travel books and I've heard such great things about this series. 
I bought a copy of the first book Hourglass and got a review copy of the second book Timepiece from Netgalley. I can't believe that I still haven't read these books yet! 

Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Goodreads
One hour to rewrite the past . . . 

For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may also change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?





Hourglass published June 2011


Timepiece published June 2012





Has anybody read these yet? Do I need to bump them up my reading pile?

2 comments:

  1. This book looks good! Hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to your review of this. :)
    Here's my From the Review Pile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally read Hourglass too after having it for about 8 months. I think that I was waiting for the second book in the series to come out so I wouldn't have to wait too long to find out what happened next. I'm a little impatient that way. I enjoyed Hourglass a lot. The were elements in the story that I didn't see coming. I don't want to spoil it for you so all I can say is read it soon! Now I have Timepiece on my shelf waiting to me read. I don't plan to wait 8 months to read it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva