Thursday 9 February 2012

The Time Will Come #49

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.


I bought this all the way back in July after reading some fantastic reviews on it- it sounds like so much fun, just quirky and funny and sweet. This is definitely the book to pick up one day when I need a good pick-me-up!




Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby (Goodreads)


While most students at Burtonwood Academy get to kill demons and goblins, fifteen-year-old Emma gets to rid the world of little annoying fairies with glittery wings and a hipster fashion sense. She was destined to be a dragon slayer, but cute and charming Curtis stole her spot. Then she sees a giant killer fairy - and it's invisible to everyone but her! If Emma has any chance of stopping this evil fairy, she's going to need help. Unfortunately, the only person who can help is Curtis. And now, not only has he stolen her dragon-slayer spot, but maybe her heart as well! Why does she think it's going to be a fairy bad day?









Here are some amazing reviews of this book-


My Keeper Shelf (4 of 5 stars)
Buried in Books (5 of 5 stars)
Mel's Random Reviews (5 of 5 stars)
Candace's Book Blog (4 of 5 stars)

7 comments:

  1. I loved Ashby's other novel so this is one I need to pick up soon. I hope you enjoy and thanks to linking to some positive reviews of it!

    My TBR book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this one sounds interesting! I hadn't heard of it but I think I'm going to have to put it on my TBR list!

    My The Time Will Come post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this one sounds like such a good read if you are in the mood for this sort of book!
    Hope you do enjoy it when you get to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as you noted above, I loved this book! It has a little bit of everything in it and any time an author can write humor into a book, I think they're brilliant. I think humor is hard to write! And the romance in this is not instant at all, it starts out as pure, cold hatred! It's a fun light read!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' the title and cover of that one! Hope you many to read it soon,

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great read and i love the cover..thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva