Thursday 15 December 2011

The Time Will Come #43

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.


The Midnighters series by Scott Westerfeld is a series that I've wanted to read since I first heard about it. It sounds fresh and original with spunky demon hunting characters. I actually bought all of them earlier in the year from Amazon marketplace really cheaply, so I have no excuse not to read them, exept no time! I love these covers too- the best part is that together on the shelf the spines form a clock face picture.
I have heard so many good things about this series, and I really liked the first couple of books of the Uglies series by this author. I am determined that I will read these books... one day!

    


Synopsis from Goodreads:

The Midnighters of Bixby, Oklahoma, know that their town is full of secrets - especially since they keep the biggest secret of all: knowledge of the secret hour, the mysterious time at midnight when the world freezes, except for them and the creatures that inhabit the darkness. What they don't know is why earlier generations of Midnighters all disappeared, or why they are now the only Midnighters in town. As they learn more about the secret hour's twists and turns, they uncover terrifying mysteries woven into the very fabric of Bixby's history, and a conspiracy that touches both the midnight hour and the world of daylight. At the same time, the Midnighters' own secrets start to emerge, including some that were never meant to come to light, changing the fragile dynamics among the five.






2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these at all. They sound really good though. I hope you get to them soon so I can find out if you liked them or not!

    My book this week is A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL by Suzanne Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read The Midnighters series as well, it sounds like a really original story! Also, I saw that you're currently reading Angel Fire, I really want to read that one too! I read Angel a while ago and really loved it, I hope you like Angle Fire. I'll be looking forward to your review of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva