Sunday 4 December 2011

In My Mailbox 4th December 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and to increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.


I got a much smaller haul of books this week (thank goodness- It gives me a chance to try and catch up!)
In this case though, it's definitely quality over quantity! I got:

From the library:

  • It finally came in! Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey is book 4 in the fantastic Drake Chronicles about a family of vampires, their battles, and the people falling in love with them. These books so far have all been romantic, funny, and clever.







For review:

  • New Girl by Paige Harbison. This is about a girl who moves to a new school- a prestigious academy- where a place had only opened up for her after the sudden death of another girl. The main character finds herself struggling to fill the shoes of the dead girl. This is described as a modern day high school re-telling of Daphne DuMaurier's fantastic Rebecca. I HAD to read this!
Thanks to Harlequin publishers and Netgalley for the review copy.
This is due to be published in Janaury 2012




That was all I got this week but both are books that I'm dying to read soon.
What did you get in your mailbox? Happy reading!
x

11 comments:

  1. I received New Girl last week! I just started it and so far so good :)

    Happy reading and check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, quality is good. Although I have to confess I've not heard of either of these books! Hope you enjoy them and help make your way through the TBR pile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Girl looks really good. I think that I am going to have to request it! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got New Girl from NEtgalley last week but I haven't had time to read it yet. Hope you enjoy it!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received New Girl too, and I can't wait to read it! I've never read Rebecca, but I'm sure that New Girl is going to be fantastic. Enjoy!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO Bleeding Hearts looks good. I am going to check it out right now.
    Happy Reading!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-12/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently got New Girl too! I'll have to check out the Drake Chronicles! Thx for the recommendation!
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck
    My IMM...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I got New Girl last week I can't wait to get into it it sounds fantastic!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. New Girl sounds very good! I've heard lots of people got this book in their mailboxes! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these books sound great. I'm anxious to see what you think of New Girl. I think that one sounds like it'll be great and crossing my fingers it is. Enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM!
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't love the Drake Chronicles in the beginning, but they really grew on me. They're so addictive! And now I'm pining for the fourth book, so envious that you already have it :D And New Girl seems awesome, I just got it as well.

    Have a fabulous reading week, Sally!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva