Thursday 10 November 2011

The Time Will Come #38

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.
To join in write your own TWC post, drop by Jodie's blog to add your post to the linky, and visit the other blogs.

I won Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz from Amber over at Down The Rabbit Hole a few months ago, and I still really want to read it, but I have so many books lined up to read in front of it, I don't know when I'll get the chance. I still think this sounds like a great book though and I'm sure I'll get round to it... one day!


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Connor, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But her new posh Upper East Side prep school? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to — Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks, who is also the richest kid in school.

Even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps shatter whenever she walks by, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams. Visions of herself in past lives — visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else…





Also, I love this cover! It feels very dream-like. You can't see it in the picture but the broken glass shards are all shiny!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win :D I've seen quite a few mixed reviews for this one, but I do think it looks pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my wishlist for ages, hope I'll get to read it some day! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this book, hope you enjoy it as well. Here's mine:
    http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-will-come-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this meme, but I have a whole bookcase full of those books. I'll get to them and Spellbound sits there on one of them!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really enjoyed this book! Really good, and an modern fairy tale with a historic background. Really great book! Hope you can read it soon, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva