Sunday 20 November 2011

In My Mailbox 20th November 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and to increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.


More goodies again this week!

Bought:

  • High fantasy series Finnikin of the Rock and Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta. (I've read the first one before on audiobook). I shelled out for the Australian covers of these books because, well... look how pretty they are!




Kindle freebies:

 

  • Katie's Hellion, Katie's Hope and Kiera's Moon by Lizzy Moon.
From the Library:

  • Fury by Elizabeth Miles.
REVENGE! Can't wait to read this one.








For Review:

  • Envy by Gregg Olsen. Book 1 in the Empty Coffin series. Looks spooky- I doubt I'll be reading this before bed!
Thanks to UK Book Tours







So those were the books I got this week. Some good-uns there! I also bought myself this funky bookmark based on The Wizard of Oz. I love this (it's the little things that make me chuckle!). The text reads "Things just haven't been the same since that HOUSE fell on my SISTER" and it looks like some legs with the ruby slippers sticking out of a book. Well I think it's cool.

What did you get in your mailbox?
Happy reading!

10 comments:

  1. LOL Love that bookmark! You got some really nice books this week. Love the cover on Kiera's Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week! I really want to read envy really bad. Enjoy your haul!

    Here are the links to my Imm's this week...

    http://thebookjunkiesbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/in-my-mailbox-3/

    http://moretalesfromthecrypt.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/in-my-mailbox-4/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fury sounds really good, I've seen so many good reviews for it recently. I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, most of them are quite new to me! I've heard of Fury though - I'm sure you'll enjoy it, most people seemed to love it :) Great haul!

    Here's my IMM post for this week.

    Have a great weekend and happy reading,
    Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bookmark!! It's so cool! I've been eyeing up Fury so I'm curious to see what you think. :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. I love Melina Marchetta's writing. I haven't read Finnikin but I'm sure I will be soon. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these sound awesome! I Love that cover for Fury!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have envy on my shelf, need to just "woman up" and read it!! lol.

    i'm a new follower here!
    Stop by my blog?! I have a shiny new look for it! :) I'd love it if you followed me back!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Great IMM, I'm a new follower, but I haven't participated in IMM this week (because I don't have a huge haul) but I'm following people anyway :)

    I've read some of your discussion topics and I really enjoyed them!

    http://flippingthroughthepages00.blogspot.com/

    PS- That cover of Fury is AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover of Envy is creepy! *hides*

    I found you via the IMM linky. I’m a new follower :)
    Rachel Brooks Writes

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva