Sunday 9 October 2011

In My Mailbox 9th October 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.
It also gives me a chance to be nosy and see what everyone else has got to read, and gives me plenty of new books to pine after!


These are all the books that came into my home this past week-

From the Library:
Whoops, I've overdone it with the reservations again, and as always they all seem to have come in at once! I'm not sure I'm going to have time to read all of these before they have to go back, but I really want to read all of them!

  • Dark Angel by Eden Maguire. I've been pining after this book since before it came out, and I love the sound of it. Angels and magic... and rock and roll. I liked Eden Maguire's other series The Beautiful Dead, so I'm hoping to read this book soon.
Review at Book Angel Booktopia


  • Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson. I wasn't going to give this book a second glance but I keep seeing such glowing reviews about it from other bloggers- all 5 stars. I'm intrigued now- I have to read it! Review at Irresistible Reads.
  • Cloaked by Alex Flinn. I've read Beastly and A Kiss In Time by this author and just love them. Modern re-tellings of old fairytales in a style that is both sweet and romantic and very funny. I'm looking forward to diving into this one about a princess and shoemaker. Review at Magic of Reading
  • Emerald by Karen Wallace. It was a review on a blog (that I now can't find!) that made me really want to read this book. This is a historical novel set in the time of Queen Elizabeth I, and has political intrigues, mystery and romance. Aimed at younger teens.  
  • The Missing by Lisa Mcmann. This was published under the title Cryer's Cross in the US and other parts of the world. This is about a small close-knit town and how they react when high-schoolers start disappearing without a trace. Review at Books For Company.
  • Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent. This is an adult urban fantasy book (I think), and will have to be my next Rachel Vincent fix until the next Soul Screamers book comes out! This sounds like a very good, very dark paranormal romance book. Review at My Keeper Shelf.
Audiobooks:



  • Hexed and Hammered by Kevin Hearn. These are books 2 and 3 in the Iron Druid Chronicles. I thought book 1- Hounded was only okay, but I want to see how the series finishes, and these were in the Audible autumn sale so I got them.

For Review:
I'm so excited about both of these, they were both on my wishlist!

  • Prized by Caragh O'Brien. This is book 2 in the Birthmarked series. I finished Birthmarked last week and loved it (review to come). Another dystopian series, but very good and very clever. I will be reading this one very soon. Thanks to Macmillan Publishing and Netgalley for the advance review copy of this book. This is being published in November.


  • Tempest by Julia Cross. I love the sound of this one- I first saw it on The Story Siren blog. It's about a nineteen year old college guy who can time travel, and when his girfriend is killed he goes back in time to try and save her. Thanks to Macmillan Publishing and Netgalley for the advance copy of this book. This is published January 2012.
Those were all the books I got last week- I got some fantastic looking books and I can't wait to read them all.
What did you get in your mailbox?
Happy reading!

13 comments:

  1. I really must read Birthmarked and Prized. Enjoy all your lovely books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Bound looks so good. I've got a copy myself but not sure when I'll get a chance to read it! Hopefully you can read through all these yummy books before having to give them back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound great and I hope you do get chance to read and review them before they have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the iron druid series i just haavnt read it yet, is it good?

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard fantastic things about Hunting Lila, too :D Sounds like such a good book.

    I kind of love Prized's cover, I'm not entirely sure why, but I do.

    Lots of good books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark Angel does sound cool! Hunting Lila as well I just ordered it :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really been wanting to read Cloaked. And the cover to Tempest is amazing! Reminds me of Hush Hush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the cover to Dark Angel really beautiful :) Great haul and happy reading!

    Check out my IMM: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, some really great books. I would love to read Dark Angel not to mention how beautiful the cover is.

    Happy Reading!
    Mary

    IMM ~ http://sweepingme.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-6/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to get Tempest! Really excited about that one!

    Happy reading:)

    jenn | my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm excited for Tempest so can't wait to read your review on that one! I read Eden Macguire's other series too, well, haven't read Phoenix b/c I don't want it to end. But I'll have to look into the new series if they publish it over here. I haven't heard of the others except Cloaked. I want that one. But you saw my haul this week. Oh, I've already read Waterfall. I had all three books already. So I'll be doing a giveaway, but not international. Sorry.


    I totally recommend Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I don't know if any book will ever live up to it for me. It's my new standard for which all other books will be judged.

    I like the looks of Tiger Curse, so I might go for that one next since it's totally different.

    Happy Reading!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some really good books! I am going to look up Tempest on NetGalley right now!

    New follower!

    My IMM: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hunting Lila and The Missing are both incredible. I hope you enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva