Thursday 18 August 2011

The Time Will Come #27

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read and never seem to get around to.
I have had The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff on my shelves since it first came out- and I was dying to read it at the time. I still really want to read it but my need-to-read-right-now list is crazy at the moment and this one will stay on the shelves unread for a while yet. It looks good though, it's about a faery changeling child and has got great reviews.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, Mackie comes from a world of tunnels and black, murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattoed princess. He is a replacement - left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago when it was stolen away by the fey. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood and consecrated ground, Mackie is slowly dying in the human world. Mackie would give anything just to be normal, to live quietly amongst humans, practice his bass guitar and spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem, where he must face down the dark creatures and find his rightful place - in our world, or theirs.




This is the UK cover.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen the Replacement around a lot but haven't read any reviews. It does sound like a good one though, so I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this one and really enjoyed it. It's a very unique take. Reminds me of a Tim Burton fairytale! Hope you get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg yeah I really need to read this!! It sounds really creepy and fantastic.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this one around! It sounds fascinating though. I think faery lore is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower! I just recently found your blog! Feel free to visit me at booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep debating whether to get this book as I know my library has this one but I never seen to read my library books!
    It sounds really good, I think there is mixed thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva