Wednesday 4 May 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we can spotlight upcoming book releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
This week I wanted to show off Eve by Anna Carey. I seem to be reading a lot of dystopian novels lately, but still this one looks particularly good. It's not published until October- but it's on my radar and one that I will definitely look to be getting later in the year.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.



Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm waiting on this one too. It sounds really good. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally dying for this one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rough rebellious boy?? COUNT ME IN!! sounds like a great book, Thanx goin on the TBR!!
    http://readswithwrecklessabandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sounds like something right up my alley. I am a huge fan of dystopians! Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my WoW post here: http://bit.ly/lrnIGA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge dystopian fan but I have been seeing this one everywhere lately I may have to give in and put it on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds so good! I'm putting it on my TBR list now! Love dystopian novels. Great choice :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover its stunning. Thanks for highlighting this as I hadn't seen it before, I'm definetly adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, hope you get it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I'm eagerly anticipating this one, too! So many great dystopians coming out!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva