Sunday 8 May 2011

In My Mailbox 8th May 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where we can show off all the books we got our hands on during the week. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and increase awareness of some of the new book titles coming out.
I didn't expect to get any books this week but it ended up that I got...

Bought:

  • Solid by Shelley Workinger (kindle edition). This looks like a good book and the reviews on blogs for it have been positive. It's about a camp of genetically modified teenagers. I entered every competition going to win a copy of this book but no such luck! It will probably take me a long while to get around to reading it as well (maybe the other books in the series will be out by then and I can read them all in one go).





Library:

  • My Soul To Keep by Rachel Vincent. This is book 3 in the Soul Screamers series and I liked the first 2 books so I'm looking forward to reading this one (although I've heard it gets a bit darker in this one? Anyone else read it?)







  • My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares. This is a love story with reincarnation, about a guy named Daniel who remembers all his past lives with Lucy, where they keep falling in love and keep getting torn apart. (OK- anyone else, does this sound exactly like Fallen, even the names and the cover?!)






For Review:

  • Hereafter by Tara Hudson (due to be published 7th June). Gah!- I'm so excited to get this book about a spirit, Amelia, who can remember nothing about her life or death, but when she saves a boy from drowning in the river they start to uncover the mystery together.
For review from the publisher






Those were the books that I got this week! What did you get in your mailbox?

10 comments:

  1. You're right, My Name is Memory sounds exactly like Fallen but in reverse :p

    I've been wanting to read Solid for a while now too :) Hope you enjoy all of your new books, they all sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Soul To Keep has such a pretty cover! =)
    I have My Name Is Memory to read, has some good reviews!
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. my name is memory looks good, i have not heard of this one before. thanks! great haul.

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT WEEK THIS WEEK..

    HERES MINE


    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/mailbox.html


    WHILE YA THERE DONT FORGET TO CHECK MY GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list this week!! I love My Soul To Keep and Hereafter. I hope you enjoy them as well! I haven't read My Name is Memory and Solid, I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of them. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received and read Solid as well! Absolutely loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard nothing but good things about Hereafter! That cover for My soul to keep is beautiful! Happy reading!

    Here is mine:In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a fab book haul. All books that I have or want to read too. Hope you enjoy them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Hereafter now and it is AWESOME! Enjoy!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-monday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoy Solid. Jess & I reviewed it for the author a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva