Thursday 21 April 2011

The Time Will Come #11

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company where we can spotlight books that we've had on our shelves for ages. Books that we really want to read and never seem to be able to get around to.
My pick for this week is Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook. I saw a couple of reviews for this months ago and readers seemed to love this story. However, (shallow as I am) I just loved the cover and had to have it. It just makes me chuckle to look at it- which probably makes me look a bit psychotic- but just look at it- it's funny! Here's what it's about:

 Synopsis from Goodreads:
Popularity is the best revenge.



In the final weeks of eighth grade, Lauren Wood made a choice. She betrayed her best friend, Helen, in a manner so publicly humiliating that Helen had to move to a new town just to save face. Ditching Helen was worth it, though, because Lauren started high school as one of the It Girls--and now, at the start of her senior year, she's the cheerleading captain, the quarterback's girlfriend, and the undisputed queen bee. Lauren has everything she's ever wanted, and she has forgotten all about her ex-best friend.


But Helen could never forget Lauren. After three years of obsessing, she's moving back to her old town. She has a new name and a new look, but she hasn’t dropped her old grudges. She has a detailed plan to bring down her former BFF by taking away everything that's ever been important to Lauren—starting with her boyfriend.


Watch out, Lauren Wood. Things are about to get bitchy.

I think it looks a bit like 'Mean Girls' or 'Pretty Little Liars' or something like that- cheesy and fluffy, but it could be funny, and just a simple light read in between all the vampire/werewolf/demon stuff that I usually read! Anyone else heard of this? I know I still won't get around to it for ages because I borrow so many library books and I really need to read those first because they need to go back- but it would be nice to know that this is worth the wait!

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't sound like something I'd normally read but I think I would. Reading the blurb made me lol - as well as the cover (so don't worry, you're not alone).

    Looking forward to your review one day in the probably far future :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva